This is my version of terrain graphics, based on Sn00py's.
As it's much different from the original (Sn00py's both standard and greener), I decided to share it.
My purpose was to make the graphics more similar to a satellite view of the Earth.
A preview is placed at the bottom of this post
The modpack features:
- blue sea
- land is darker and has less saturation
- mountain chains instead of single mountains
- modified delta rivers
- a different "bonus" grassland
- new marshes
- some smaller resources
- no more "jungle trees on water" effect
- many other changes I don't remember
- new desert irrigations
- Irrigation is a mix of Zeb Fisher's and Dark Sheer's, danielopez's and Cordy's
- Modified version of Yurt's flood plains
- Pollution by mrtn
- Ruins by m_m_x
- Goody huts by m_m_x
- Volcanos caps by Yeti
- many other little changes I don't remember
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - CONQUESTS
Unzip the files to your Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios folder.
In the game, select Civ-Content and load Rhye's Terrain.biq
Note: if you're upgrading your old version, you can safely delete your old biqs and readme files
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLAY THE WORLD
Unzip the files to your Civilization III\PTW\Scenarios folder.
In the game, select Load Scenario and load Rhye's Terrain.bix
Note: if you're upgrading your old version, you can safely delete your old bixs and readme files
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS - STANDARD CIV3
Backup your Civilization III\art\terrain folder and resources.pcx (located in Civilization III\art folder)
Then unzip the files to your Civilization III main folder